Thursday, April 1, 2010

Almost ready!

Finally!! I have managed to start my blog about my work as a visual merchandiser, my new business l'uccello and my obsession with vintage haberdashery, textiles, ephemera and craft. I have a studio in the Nicholas Building, it is a lovely old deco salon with beautiful french doors and views over St Paul's Cathedral. I am busy preparing to open 3 days a week to sell my range of hand made homewares and ever expanding collection of vintage haberdashery and ephemera. I will also be stocking some fabulous hats and accessories made by renown milliner Serena Lindeman.
Following the success of Marche Rouge and all the great feedback I decided to open on a more regular basis. I am also planning some classes and an informal crafternoon tea group  later in the year. For a review of our Christmas Marche Rouge and an interview about my work, check out this blog (best blog for what's happening in Melb!) http://www.melhotornot.com/
I also did an interview with Kate at  http://www.ispystyle.com.au/, there are more photos of my visual merchandising work.

I will be opening Thursdays & Fridays 10am-6pm and Saturdays 10am -4pm from next Thursday 8th April.
The address is Room 5 2nd Floor, 37 Swanston Street Melbourne, take the lift or stairs from Cathedral Arcade.

My neighbour Kate, at the famous Buttonmania is having a fabulous sale next week of her vast supply of crazy patchwork fabrics. Kate has the best range of buttons in town and also offers a custom service for covered buttons, buckles and belts.


A few of my favourite things


New 1940s anodised knitting needles with original labels-  love the colours

             So much new stock! New DMC, celluloid sequins, Cutie Doll kits

                                                  Happy Easter!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kim!
    I'm one of the lucky ones who gets to visit your fascinating store in person and I treasure the vintage goodies that I have purchased from you.
    I have been telling all my friends about how unique your store is. Its great news that you have started a blog - now lots of us can keep up to date with the latest things that you have in store.
    See you again soon,
    Best wishes Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kim, welcome to Blogland and hope you have as much fun as I have over the past two years.....we both share a love of Vintage...and I had a wonderful time at Marche Rouge and your Crafterafternoon...looking forward to reading your blog over the coming months...Warm Regards, Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cam over from Lyn at Bluebirds. Such lovely displays. It makes me all happy, just looking at it!
    Unfortunately I don't have the chance to visit your shop.
    Vrolijk Pasen ^o^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, can one be lucky! I was bloghopping and found you somewhere along the line, Kim! You must have only just opened your shop, as I was at Buttonmania only 3 weeks ago, and I'm positive you weren't next door then!! But now I know you are there, I'll pop in next time I'm in the city :-)

    ReplyDelete