Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Kind of blue....





When the weather starts to turn chilly I seem to end up thinking about travelling, it reminds me of my winter holiday in Paris. I had to look through my holiday snaps the other day for work, I use them like a visual diary of ideas, colours and inspiration. I love the soft, muted colours and the gentle light in the European winter, when it's misty and cold I couldn't be happier, and if it snows... well that's why I'm kind of blue.

On the fabulous Rue du Faubourg St Honore

I don't generally love green, but this damask wall covering was so stunning, it's at Versailles and there is just room after room furnished with the most beautiful textiles.

Ceiling of the Royal Chapel, Versailles

Petit Trianon at Versailles, Marie Antoinette's private retreat, is painted the most beautiful, delicate shade of blue, combined with the cherry red on the suite, heaven!

Kind of spooky and ironic - there are so many statues of Diana, goddess of hunting

Mesmerising, a rare and perfect combination of art and achitecture, the Musee de l'Orangerie

Metro entrance on a rainy night

I spent my last day in Paris walking, I always get a bit melancholy on the last day of a holiday,
my friends leaving before me made it worse, so I just walked for hours.
It must be time to start saving for the next trip.




3 comments:

  1. Your photos make me want to cry! We spent last Christmas in Paris. My God, it was so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you happen to see jeanne lanvin's bedroom while in paris.i can't remember which museum it is in but i love it so much.i would love to know what it is like to see it is real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachael, the Lanvin bathroom is in the Musee Les Arts Decoratifs, which I did visit but I ran out of time to see it. What a shame it's so beautiful, the museum was great anyway. The address for the museum is www.lesartsdecoratifs.fr regards Kim

    ReplyDelete