Monday, August 23, 2010

Hasta Luego!

It has been a fantastic and crazy week at l'uccello, open studio was brilliant, lots of lovely visitors made it along to view the curious creative menagerie that is the Nicholas Building.
 I managed to get two windows done (see previous post), finish production of some of our handmade products, unpack, inspect and swoon over our new deliveries, and tidy up the shop ready for the hundreds of visitors that we had on Thursday and Friday and make 5000 lists for Max and Janet who are minding the store while I am away next week.

HOLIDAY SHOP HOURS
Wednesday- Friday 10am-4.30pm
Saturday 10am-4pm

Fabulous delivery of vintage buttons, including lots of lovely Czech and French crystal, vegetable ivory, mother of pearl and beautiful quality vintage plastic buttons.

 
Pretty, sparkly and in lovely condition.

Lovely shades of red, burnt orange and cola.

This collection features some of our spectacular new ribbons, including a complete roll of lilac & pink moire ribbon, 13cm wide and just to top it off it is shot as well. We also received narrow black silk  veiling with metallic oyster coloured decorative detail & ostrich and vintage egret feathers, new stamens & berries and copies of this delightful book about a collection of Dior couture.
Stunning new collection in store now

Along with the veiling we found this lovely Swiss and Italian straw braid, 70 year old wax & pearl buds. Rare antique hat adornments and Pretty Pretty hat pins

Well I have to go now, it's almost midnight and I haven't finished packing yet, I have to be at the airport by 6 am (why is it planes never seem to depart or arrive at civilised times of day?)

Hast Luego, see you soon....

3 comments:

  1. Bon Voyage and Bonne Chance! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those buttons are gorgeous! I like the look of the straw braid, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog and all of your gorgeous things! Your blog more than any other makes me miss Melbourne. I now live in Brisbane. I miss the availability of great buttons and ribbons, like yours. And I miss the Nicholas building and I miss Kozminksys. thanks for having such beautiful things for me to sigh over. It might be time for a shopping visit to Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete