Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Look what I found!

I have been in Sydney for a few days, sourcing lots of fabulous new stock for l'uccello. I managed to fit a little retail therapy in along the way. Mad as it may seem most of the things I bought are vintage trims, thread, buttons and ribbons.

Essential fuel for a shopping expedition, this fine looking coffee was at the Tropicana Caffe in Darlinghurst, they do great breakfasts too, just make it snappy when ordering. 
First I headed to Paddington to Society Inc., what a fabulous store full of treasures vintage and new, I went a bit mad on these antique Indian trims, they are going to be perfect for a project that I am about to start. (PS if you are looking for somewhere great for dinner in Kings Cross/Potts Point, try Fratelli Fresh, delicious!)

Beautiful trims from Society Inc.

From there I went to Woolahra to visit No Chintz, they stock l'uccello Vintage Cutie Dolls, Vintage Sewing Collections and our line of Vintage buttons. Sadly the photo is too blurry. I really had to stop myself from picking the frangipani along the way, such beautiful perfume.

Then to Surry Hills and the fabulous David met Nicole store that stocks all sorts of wonderful vintage industrial and domestic items.

I just had to have these old French chemist boxes, the broken porcelain dolls are from early to mid 19th century, they were found in the ground where a doll shop had once been, and of course a few buttons.

Across the road is another great store Bird Textiles Emporium, they print all of their own designs on organic cotton, and make a range of clothing, soft furnishings and craft kits. I bought this one for my niece, it makes a cute little bird purse. The shop was for many years a chemist shop and still features the full set of original cabinetry, just lovely.

Then down the road and around the corner to Ici et la, Aladdin's cave full of rolls and rolls of French striped fabrics for furnishings and deck chairs, in the most divine colours. They also have all sorts of antique furniture and curios. They even have a few old buttons, ribbons and threads, of course I had to get some!


I also found a supplier of these beautiful antique African beads but that's a whole other story.....

On my way to the airport to come home I heard the terrible news coming from New Zealand, to our New Zealand readers we are thinking of you and hope you are ok. Our thoughts are with all of those concerned with this tragic and devastating event.

No comments:

Post a Comment